Sunday, April 17, 2011

Become Inspired

I like to keep my work space to a minimum when it comes to clutter. So I try to get rid of things off my desk or find a new place for them in my room. Sometimes I place items anywhere to keep the area clean, even though it means that sometimes I can't find it later when I actually need it. Sometimes if I can't find another location, I simply throw it away. But there is one item on my desk that I can not delete or relocate. It's a quoted frame that reads:
"There is always a way when things look like there's no way. There's a way to do the impossible, to survive the in survivable. There's always a way. And you, you and I have this in common. We're inspired. In the face of the impossible, we're inspired. So if I can offer one piece of advice to you, my friend and my love. Today if you become frightened instead become inspired." 

There are so many times when I'm frightened. When the phone rings with news about cancer. When I cannot get a hold of my parents and my mind goes to the worse possible scenario. When I get an e-mail about a friend that is struggling through something about her life. When I hear other student's stories about their less than perfect lives--yet they are at school every day working as hard and smart as they can. And so I think through all this scary and crazy stuff, I'm supposed to be inspired? 

However, I think the quote is meant to inspire me to be brave. To be inspired to make a difference. To be inspired because it feels so much better than being frightened. And mostly to be inspired because then I can see the world through a whole different perspective--and that is beautiful. 




No comments:

Post a Comment