Friday, April 22, 2011

Princess Diana Remembered

With the royal wedding only a week away, it got me to think about the top royal weddings in history. There’s Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly; there’s Prince Frederick of Denmark and Mary Donaldson; but there’s one wedding that is one of the greatest and most memorable weddings of all time—the royal wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.

Since her announcement of her engagement to Prince Charles, she became a public figure. This held true even till after her death with the weeklong display of public mourning. She truly was the ‘People’s princess’ who captured everyone’s heart.

One of the greatest accomplishments of Princess Diana was without any doubt the fact that she did succeed in making the world a better place for a lot of people all over the world. She did this through her active role in the International Campaign to Ban Landmines; raise AIDS awareness and any charity work involving children of any kinds. No matter what the charity or disease, Princess Diana had a rare ability to make people happy just by talking to them, shaking their hands, or giving a hug. Her ability to listen, look directly into the eye, and talk to a person in a way that made one feel that you were the only person that she was at all interested in.

Even though she can’t play an active role in making the world a better place, she continues to help many today. Through her inspiring words her presence still lingers, making her the lifetime favorite princess.

Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.
Life is just a journey.

Only do what your heart tells you.


Family is the most important thing in the world.


If men had to have babies, they would only ever have one each.

If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.
Any sane person would have left long ago. But I cannot. I have my sons.



Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.

Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.

HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.


Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children.


I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.

I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.

I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.

I wear my heart on my sleeve. 
I'd like to be a queen in people's hearts but I don't see myself being queen of this country.
Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.
When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.
Princess Diana will always be remembered with these touching & loving words.  


No comments:

Post a Comment