Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What's On Your Life List?

Did you see the movie "A Walk to Remember" with Shane West and Mandy Moore? The movie wasn't much, but the concept is great: What things do you really, truly want to do before you die?

For the past couple of days, this movie has been playing over and over in my head. It's a typical love story of a popular "bad" boy who falls in-love with the good girl in school. However, one aspect of the movie stuck by me. Jamie's list. In the movie, Jamie has terminal leukemia and has stopped responding to treatments. She then shares with Landon her bucket list of things that she wants to accomplish before she dies. The rest of the movie is dedicated to Landon helping her reach all of her goals. This quickly inspired me to create my own life list as well.


My Life List

  1. Write and publish a children's book 
  2. Live in Italy, Spain or Greece for at least 6 months
  3. Move to New York City after I graduate from school 
  4. Ride a camel 
  5. Go stargazing
  6. Get a Yorkiepoo or a Cockapoo puppy 
  7. Stay up the whole night till sunrise talking with a good friend 
  8. Pet dolphins 
  9. Play in the rain, like I did when I was a child
  10. Go sailing 
  11. Learn to roll Sushi 
  12. Go on a road trip 
  13. Soak in the beauty of a sunset 
  14. Go horseback riding on a beach
  15. Go camping 
  16. Take my parents on a vacation spot 
  17. Visit France, Italy and Greece again
  18. Design my dream home
  19. Adopt a child
  20. Have dinner in a location that looks over New York City
  21. Start my own business 
  22. Make a difference in someone's life
  23. Plant my own tree and watch it grow
  24. Plant my own vegetable and herbs garden
  25. Take a dancing class
  26. Knit a scarf
  27. Kiss on the top of the Eiffel Tower 
  28. Start a Quote Journal that will store all of my favorite quotes and sayings 
  29. Learn to play the drums 
  30. Have a star named after me 
  31. Find my soulmate 
  32. Have the wedding of my dreams 
  33. Publish a piece in a Magazine 
  34. Celebrate New Year's Eve in Times Square 
  35. Receive a huge bouquet of roses for no reason 
  36. Experience pampering at a spa
  37. Have my palm read
  38. Volunteer in a 3rd world country
  39. Teach myself Italian 
  40. Organize an event that benefits a charity
  41. Get my Masters (possibly even my PhD)
  42. Go on a skydive or bungee jump 
  43. Visit Australia 
  44. Be a parent 
  45. Decorate my own christmas tree
  46. Study at the Library of Congress
  47. Ring a church bell 
  48. Visit Dubai 
  49. Go to every state in the U.S
  50. Go to a spice market in a foreign country 
  51. Make a new recipe for a company
  52. Take a hot air balloon ride 
  53. Try a new food that I usually wouldn't 
  54. Read the Newspaper everyday 
  55. Try to be a vegetarian for a week 
  56. Reach my ideal weight
  57. Have a no-technology weekend without phones, laptops and a TV.
  58. Make a scrapbook 
  59. Visit the White House 
  60. Own all of the Grey's Anatomy seasons 
  61. Tell the people that I love that I love them more often 
  62. Attend Rachael Ray's talk show
  63. Watch a surgery from the gallery 
  64. Own all 10 of the Friends seasons 
  65. Throw a surprise party for a friend or relative 
  66. Stay in touch with family in Pakistan more often 
  67. Write personalized hand written letters to close friends once in a while instead of an e-mail

This is just the beginning. I hope to add-on new items and of course scratch off my list.

I highly recommend you to create one. How much does it cost? Probably 30 minutes to an hour. What do you gain? Significant clarity and focus on what you want from your life. It's an invaluable exchange. So, go grab a pen and piece of paper or open a new document on Word, and start living!



No comments:

Post a Comment